5/28/09

Mose Allison - Mose Alive !

"The man’s voice was heaven. So cool, so decisively hip... Mose was my man. I felt him to be the epitome of restrained screaming power."
Pete Townshend (The Who)

"When I discovered Mose Allison I felt I had discovered the missing link between jazz and blues"
Ray Davies (The Kinks)

Born November 11, 1927 Mose Allison is an American jazz pianist and singer. His songs have been covered by Van Morrison, John Mayall, The Who, The Clash, Eric Clapton, the Yardbirds, Elvis Costello and Bonnie Raitt to name a few. Rockers like Pete Townshend, Bonnie Raitt, Ray Davies and Bill Wyman of the Rolling Stones have frequently cited him as a major influence, Mose continues to write and perform all over the world. Directly ripped from my vinyl, recorded live (1965) at the Lighthouse, in Hermosa Beach, California. Mose Allison, piano & vocals; Stan Gilbert, bass; Mel Lee, drums.
Maybe scrtachy but it's worth it!!

3 comments:

allnighterkid said...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1JRF0QB4

allnighterkid said...

gg

Unknown said...

love the sound of that microphone!
and the music is nice too, off course....

thanks france